Wednesday, November 9, 2016

dark day in america

Yesterday I woke with a feeling of dread. There was an ominous feeling that something bad was about to happen. My Creole psyche generally pops on just before someone calls me with the horrible news of someone dying or of actual death occurred. I know what the caller is going to say the moment that I hear the phone ring. So all day yesterday, I waited for my phone to ring...and thank our Creator it never did. But something else happened...something worse than death. You ask me how could something be worse than death. Well, death is something we know...the end of our life cycle. We know what to expect from it. It's painful emotionally and sometimes physically, but we comprehend it.

Last month, one of my lifelong friends and I were having a conversation about something we knew was going on but just could not grasp it. Since this summer, a lot of crazy things have been happening to people...unexplainable behavior from people that just seemed off kilter. I saw it in my own family and among friends. The past few months have been filled with an abundance of WTF moments, the inability to communicate with people, a lot of head shaking, and cutting people off at the knees. I have been feeling this way since August and just cannot make sense of what in hell is wrong with people and what is actually going on. Straight out of a script from a sci-fi flick, I found myself thinking that there definitely is a feeling of a strange turbulence in the atmosphere. 

My friend asked, "Doesn't it feel like the earth has shifted?" 
Well, yes, I thought, "Like it is no longer on its axis?" That pretty much sums it up.
So I got through yesterday with this feeling of dread still clinging on despite me trying to shake it off. I knew that it would be worse than bad but I couldn't speak of it because I didn't want to put it out there into the universe. Then last night, despite my denial (first stage of grief) it happened. We all saw it. Sat there and watched it reach out and just slap us across the face and mock us. It took decades of people fighting and even dying to get us our Civil Rights...and now they will be obliterated by the musings of a dangerous, fascist, mad man. This country, as we know it, will cease to exist. And I have to blame somebody...so I am blaming all the idiots who did not bother to take the time to go out and vote. You could have at least made the effort. Until we can vote those white haired, colonist, misogynistic bastards out of their seats in The House and Senate, we will never see a woman or even a younger person in the Oval Office.
In the meantime, I am waiting for the earth to get back on it's axis...but it won't be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An American Rose Called by Any Other Name...

I'm about to ruffle some feathers and it's about time. An Anglo told me that they did not want to offend me but they were confused...